The Food Chain Admin Cluster IT Team is here to assist the faculty, staff, and students in the departments of Animal Science and Nutrition with their research, teaching, and outreach computing needs. Our services fall into three main categories: 1) Desktop Support; 2) System/Network Administration; and 3) Web/Database Services.
- IT equipment consultation, purchasing, and equipment tracking
- IT equipment deployment, setup, repair, maintenance, and decommissioning
- Software management (deployment, purchasing/licensing, updating/patching)
- Audio/Visual equipment support
- Poster printing
- Assistance with using Campus IT resources such as e-mail, computing accounts, DUO, and campus wireless
- Infrastructure: Specify, procure, implement and manage infrastructure to facilitate communication, collaboration, and security. Our infrastructure services/resources include server storage for shared administrative files, backup of departmental servers, servers for remote access, management of antivirus clients and software patching/updating on clients, and secure server room space for rackmount servers.
- Cyber-Safety compliance: Maintain compliance with campus cyber-safety policies for all cluster systems
- System Administration: Manage configuration of centralized systems for controlling access, authentication, controlling computer deployment, configuration, and software installations/updates
- Firewall services: Manage VLAN firewalls to protect cluster systems connected to our wired network.
- Network management: IP Address management, network access, secure remote access
- Web services for administration, teaching, and outreach (large scale, research, and special event web sites may need to be contracted out for a fee). Note that we provide a standard template for site design based on the UC Davis web templates (specialized design projects may need to be contracted out for a fee).
- Site setup in the campus web content management system (CMS) SiteFarm
- Assistance for faculty using the faculty website network (campus Wordpress implementation for faculty websites)
Other services may be available in individual departments (contact one of your designated support team members listed below for more information).
To request IT assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty, staff, and students in Animal Science and Nutrition should contact representatives from the below.